Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Unto the Lord

I strip of all adornment
to the floor,
Wash my face and body
with the blood of Christ,
which cleanses me from all unrighteousness,
As I present myself before the doorway
into the Holy Chamber
where rests the Throne of the Lord God,
Who bestows and embodies the grace and mercy
prepared before the foundation of this earth man
formed from the dust.
In bowed reverence,
I take my priestly seat before His Holiness,
Knees bent in utter submission,
and surrendered will,
to receive the blessing of transformation, exaltation and illumination
of the Day of the Lord.
"I lift my eyes to the hills
from which cometh my help."
"With my voice, I cry out to the Lord,
and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill"-
Sharing in the words spoken
long ago by brother David,
As I lay down my prayers for the families.

I submit my request for justice for the black families of America.
I call their names out
because they have been the victims of torn-apart families
by the evil powers that be.
No good can become of a desecrated family.
Mend their broken homes,
Bind up their broken hearts.
Restore them to unified bodies
beloved of God,
that justice may reign truth.
Seek out the children
who have fled in fright,
wandering the streets of the night.
Rein in the fathers
who have fled in shame.
Tender the hearts of the mothers
who share in the blame.

Give ear to my plea,
Dear God of my families and me.
Bless the day
with Your loving care
I pray.

Amen (So be it)
As You have spoken

My Love, Ruth

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your gift of poetry and ministry is amazing. You are truly a woman of God and I pray that He will continue to use you as an instrument to minister and reach out to others.

    Love you,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful and a most needed daily prayer for us all! When are you going to publish a book of prayers?

    Cousin Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your amazing may god continue to bless you always..


    Caleb

    ReplyDelete