Monday, February 7, 2011

OUR LORD GOD


This is week 2 of the February love month.
Sharing my heart for this week is as follows.
(And know fully that I am loving you!)

OUR LORD

He went down
to the bowels of the earth
to reach the lost and forgotten souls.
There is no place or space
He cannot enter in
to deliver man from sin.

He is the Great Rescuer
The Father Who waits on the shore
for the prodigal sons to return home
from wallowing in the bitter fruits of life.
He waits with opened arms,
And He releases the chains that bind
the shackled mind.

He is The Good Shepherd
Who seeks into every crevice and cavity of the land
to find the lost sheep
who went astray
and lost his way.

He cleanses his wounds,
washes away the scourge of crude and mud,
soothes the soul to rest
and be at peace.
He is the Great I Am the Peacemaker,
JEHOVAH-shalom!

He is the lover of my soul,
the delight of my eyes,
the joy of my heart.
My comfort and care.
No matter where
I roam,
He is there to bring me safely home.

He prepares a table before me in His Holy Presence.
His glorious majesty
abounds all around
to show forth His goodness and mercy
which endures forever and ever.

Thank You for rendering unto me -
this little small fish in the sea,
a voice to speak of Thee.
Amen! (So bet it)

My Love, Ruth

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!
    You are my favorite little small fish in the sea,
    so speaks of He.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for every piece of poetry, thoughts and updates you share. They have an exceptional way of making my day!

    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful!
    Thank you sooo much for this beautiful poem!
    I love you dearly too!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to study Luke 15 - prodigal son. I think it is important that I too understand the ministry of Christ revealed in this parable.

    Love ya, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete