Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Challenges of President Obama


Every plan
Is defied and resisted;
Your proposals are
Trounced, hammered, and slammed,
And pounced upon
By angry wolves
Of prey.
You’re taken to task and trashed
For any and all things asked.

You have been
And you are daily met with strong opposition
At the very onset.
You are confronted on all fronts,
And faced with obstacles
Placed in your path to hinder
And to bind your hands and feet -
To prevent your success
By contests of wills and might
From men who dare you to rise
As a beam of inspiration or a vision of light.

Through Rejects and objects,
You are thwarted
By means placed in your path for the fall.
Enemies circle about to snare,
To trip,
To impede
And hamper.
To foil and deter any progress
Which could possibly be generated,
Initiated or otherwise created.

I’m reminded of King David,
Who cried unto the Lord,
When
Surrounded all about by enemies alike.
“My foes like bulls have surrounded me,
Strong bulls of Bashan have hedged me in.
Against me they opened their mouths wide,
Like a ravening and roaring lion.
“I am poured out like water,
And all my bones are out of joint…
My strength is dried up like a fragment of clay
Pottery…
For like a pack of dogs
They have encompassed me;…
But be not far off from me,
O Lord;
O my Help, hasten to my aid.” Ps 22:12-15

There are many mighty enemies
In this American land
Who have formed a tightly wounded band
To strip you of your sword,
To make you as shattered glass;
A splintered and broken man.
Like Donny Hathaway sings,
These are trying times.
And yours have been made a bed of
Many thorns
With oppositions lying in wait to readily revile, and scorn,
Ridicule and mock.
“But the swords of the wicked shall enter their own hearts,
And their bows shall be broken.” Ps 17:15

The Lord will hear…
As unto David -
“This poor man cried
And the Lord heard him,
And saved him out of all his troubles.” Ps. 34.6
“He hears and answers out of His holy hill.” Ps. 3:4
Be still,
Give pause
For the Lord will
Be the undertaker
Of your cause.

So, my dear son,
“Wait and hope for
And expect the Lord;
Be brave and of good courage,
And let your heart be stout and enduring;
Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord. Ps.” 27:14

I pray for you as David prayed -
“Hear my prayer, O, Lord,
And let my cry come to You,
Hide not Your face from me in the day when I am in distress;
Incline Your ear to me,
In the day when I call, answer me speedily.” Ps. 102:1-2

I ask of the Lord,
“Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart
Be acceptable in Thy sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.” Ps. 19:14

God bless you,
My dear President Obama.
I pray
Men will look upon you
And question -
What manner of man is this?!
Because they will be awed by the wisdom, intellect and insight
Which is poured into you by the Holy Spirit anointing!!

I am a strong supporter,
Ruth Ce. Jones





2 comments: