Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where Could I Go But to the Lord

(Dedicated to my dear friend and sister, Anne Jones)

Sunlight
coming after the night
arrayed in yellow and gold
beaming on the day
unfolded
to tell the story
of being
in God's blaze
of glory
on earth as it is in heaven

And so the scripture verse reads
"I will bless the Lord at all times
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul will boast in the Lord,
the humble shall hear and rejoice.
O magnify the Lord with me, and let us
exalt His name together." (Ps.34:1-3)


"Let the beauty and fullness of the Lord our God
be upon us; Confirm and establish the work of our hands -
yes, the work of our hands, confirm and establish it." (
Ps. 90:17)
For the beautiful love of the Lord will transform the minds and hearts
of man in ways unseen before - to the glory of our most beautiful Lord.
Amen.

On Friday, the 6th day of the week in the 7th month of the year
marked as July the 1st, 2011
Journaling the journey, I wrote,
I lean, look, and wait patiently for the move of the Spirit.
Not by power, not by might, but by My Spirit, says the Lord.
O God! I confess
I want so much to see Your healing power bestowed upon Anne.
Not for me, but for the movement of the body into greater depths
of Your loving wonder-working manifestation.
O Lord I so desire to see Your miraculous Hand upon our lives.
I do, I do want to hear from You firsthand concerning "Your Will"
for Anne here on earth.
Dear God, dear God,
my dear God
please let me see faith at work!
Let me see the labors of my faith be rewarded by Your goodness
and mercy which endures forever and forevermore.
Praise God Almighty
on this first "Seed-week" day. Amen

Saturday the 7th day of the week, and the 2nd day
It is well with my soul
As time seeds forth in the day of victory in Jesus Christ our Lord.
Praise His holy and hallowed Name above all authorities and rulers
of the heavens and in the earth.
No dominion possesses power above the Lord
Who is manifested in the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit
in Whom we have our power and our being as called-out sons
to be the light of the world and have dominion.
Praise be unto the Lord God
The mighty King of Glory
Hallelujah.
Praises on High to the Most High God of all creation.
Bless the Lord O my soul in all my innermost being.
Praise the Lord.

I sit here at Anne's side
at her feet
watching over her in the diligent mind of Christ as our Great Shepherd
watches with loving care over His beloved flock.
I sing praises in prayer and thanksgiving for His charge to mount up
on wings of eagles and fly into the Face of the Son.
I pray God's Presence in the Most Holy Place.
I look to the Lord to watch closely with His Divine Eye
upon Sister Queen Mother Anne and illuminate His glory upon her.
Dear Lord hear my cry to be with us all gathered here in the union of one.
Be Lord over all. I pray. Amen

As the day grows into a glorious afternoon,
I sit outside near her window in the light of the Lord,
and under the umbrella of the sun
and look up to my clouds of joy overhead.
I see before me
An angel in the sky
formed in the clouds -
In an image of a woman-figure
dancing, twirling softly and gently,
leaving a light misty layer beneath her.
She twirls upwards
towards an image of what I see as a symbolic likeness of the Great Father -
meeting up to Him in the sky.

She is soon dissolved into the Father Head.
As the two images move slowly into one.
She becomes no longer the form of her former self.
She is a mass of cloud stuff
inter-meshed with the cloud stuff
as both images become somewhat indistinguishable -
being not of any particular image....
except for a still lingering sense of a Godhead or sorts.
The floating cloud stuff floats on up and up over the rooftop.
Then a form in the likeness of an eagle rises lightly above the rest.
Hummhh... Interesting.

God would show me an image in the clouds.
I'm in love with the clouds.
The clouds are my own personal delights.
What awesome wonders on earth.

A thought comes....
I pray that I'm not witnessing Anne's spirit actually leaving us
at this moment, while I'm sitting here.
Because I don't want her to leave before her son, Timothy, returns
tomorrow.
Though I acknowledge tomorrow, or at any hour, things can change
into God manifesting healing to her body.
I gotta keep the faith.

"And the angel of the Lord said unto them, fear not,
for behold! I bring you glad tidings of great joy
which shall be for all people." (Luke 2:10
)


On the following day, as the rain pours against my window,
I look out and feel the peace of God that surpasses understanding.
Joy is in my soul.

I pray and minister to the Lord in song and praise beside Anne's bed
on this early Sunday morn of the 3rd day.
She seems restless, unable to settle in a comfortable position.
Where is the Hand of the Lord!?
Death, thy sting has no power to move against her, says the Holy Spirit.
Be still for God is in the midst of this! He says to me.
Be silent before the Throne, for mercy is being poured out in droves.
Know My beloved daughter, our God is able.

The hours pass...
The day dims...
The night falls.
We gather together
in the union of the Holy Spirit,
Anne and us three -
Vanessa, Timothy and me.
Hallelujah! is her praise in uplifted arms.
As The Holy Presence
hovers around and about us,
"demonstrating the riches of His grace, His kindness and goodness of heart towards us in Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2-7)
And covering us in the Holy matrimony of the all-enduring love
of God being poured out for many -
as the hour of flight comes upon the soul of
our dear beloved sister, mother, friend;
a dear and faithful servant to and of the Lord
all of her days.

And when the moment of death came,
she was called softly and tenderly
into the everlasting arms of the Father.
Out of her earthly state she arose
into her heavenly home on high.

Where could she go but to the Lord

Because He lives,

She and I shared a significantly moving embrace - an all-encompassing,
immeasurable love which surpasses mere knowledge.
What a fellowship. What a joy divine.
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
She and I, her and me,
us two and the fullness of God's agape love for all of us
indwelling our innermost being.

O cancer, you are nullified and void.
We have the victory in Jesus!
"For whoever is born of God is victorious over the world;
and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith.
" (1John 5:4)

Praise the Lord for the Spirit and power of the Holy Ghost!
Praise God for the resurrection power of Jesus Christ in the Father.
Praise God for His Will, His Way, and His Life
in and through us the means to overcome all things.
Praise God for divine intervention!
For being the path to the truth, and the light that shines into the darkness!
Thank You and Praise God for surrounding us about with songs of deliverence.
Thank You and Praise God for the breath of life.
Thank You and Praise You God for my friend James Lee, my beloved sons and daughters, and those such as Freda and Brenda whom You have placed to stand with me,
and all of us in union in the Body of Christ - these vessels of light and illumination.
Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!
It is well with my soul.
Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

This is my testimony of a friendship, a sisterhood
under and within the deep well of living waters
poured out for the multitudes as the life in Christ.
So Great is His Love.
And His "Amazing Grace" is amazingly sufficient. Amen...

With All the Love that is within me.
"Peace be to the brethren, and love joined with faith,
from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
(Eph. 6:23)
Ruth
(7-6-2011)

Thanks Elvis, for your ministry in music of the song
"Where Could I Go But to the Lord"
It has been a comfort to my soul.

5 comments:

  1. Good Lord, woman!
    This poem is magnificent!

    Carl Jaynes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a powerful sermon you gave us as a gift.
    Sorry for your loss but at the same time know she
    is in her next amazing adventure.

    XOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not say it enough, but your gift of ministry
    through poetry is amazing, and leaves me in awe.
    My condolences to all of you.

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you wrote is so beautiful. I've read it
    three times now.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. My soul doth magnify the Lord!
    Beautiful, Ruth! I prayed that you, Timothy and
    Vanessa would experience God's peace that surpasseth all understanding and be comforted by His Holy Spirit. Reading this brought tears of joy
    and the imagery is inspiring. I may need to create something in response.
    Anne was blessed to have you in her life and so glad you were all able to be at her side to help her transition.

    Love and blessings to you,
    Freda

    ReplyDelete